IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE DO NOT USE A WORK EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN CONTACTING ME, AS THEY ARE OFTEN FILTERED AND BLOCKED....
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a celebrant?
A celebrant is someone who can officiate at a ceremony.
How long will a ceremony take?
It usually takes 30 to 45 minutes.
Do we have to have the ceremony in a licensed premise?
No, you can have your ceremony any place you like.
What is your itinerary?
It varies for the different ceremonies.
(a). For Weddings:
1. Can Meet/Skye/Facetime - for a general chat, to see if I am the right Celebrant for your ceremony. Then you decide and let me know.
2. We can meet/skype/Facetime again - to discuss in detail what your desires and wishes are. You sign a contract and pay a deposit of 150euros - see all costs under question on fees below.
3. We create the script for the ceremony.
4. We email it to you and your loved one for your approval or amendment.
5. Remaining balance is to be paid two weeks before the wedding.
6. Rehearsals - the evening prior to the big day if possible. We rehearse everything except the vows - as these you keep secret until the actual day.
8. The big day has arrived - We will conduct the ceremony. I usually arrive an hour or two in advance; just to be sure that everything is in running order.
9. We will stay and mingle with you and your guests for a while afterwards.
10. Then we send you on a keepsake copy of your wedding script.
(b). For Baby Naming:
It is similar to Weddings, except that the deposit is 125 euros and the remaining 125 euro is to be paid two weeks in advance but this is subject to change if the ceremony is sooner. We will also send you on a keepsake copy of your script.
What are your fees?
Wedding Ceremony: 300euros;
Rehearsal is an extra 50euros.
Renewal of Vows: 300euros
Naming Ceremony: 250euros
Other ceremonies: to be decided on the various events.
All fees include meetings, phone calls, script writing for ceremony, officiating at the ceremony and the gift of a written certificate as a keepsake. Anything else is extra, like accommodation and travel expenses if the venue is outside of thirty mile radius of Tralee town.
Can you legally marry us?
I am NOT allowed by Irish law to marry anyone at present but I am working on it. I can officiate at the ceremony but not the registration. You have to go to the Registrar of Marriages for the legal part and PLEASE NOTE that you have to give them three months notice. And, it does not have to be on the same day as your ceremony - no more than your birthday party has to be on the same day as your birthday.
Useful Links for the legal procedures:
www.crsappointments.ie: for Civil Registration Services
www.irishweddings.com: for Rules on Marriage in Ireland